Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fat A and my Facebook Issue

So here is an interesting little story for you. My High School reunion just recently passed and I skipped it for many reasons. I was happy enough to see pictures on Facebook. It was good to see some people and many of them I just didn't remember at all. My class was over 600 so I may not have known many of them then and certainly don't now. Most of the boys look like my Dad. Sad.

One of the guys I see commenting on pictures on FB is this guy that used to pick on me a lot in 8th grade. I was new and he would do really dumb stuff like turn my desk around before I got into class. I think that was probably the worst thing he did. If I had been a hot (or even cute) 13 year old I might look back and think he was trying to flirt with me. He was not. He wasn't really cute at all but fancied himself a real cool guy. I should add that he was a bean pole and maybe his height gave him some advantage to his so called coolness? I don't have any specific memory of him in high school so I guess we never crossed paths. Anyway, I was pretty pleased to see him in this picture below:


Austin Powers keeps coming to mind.I don't know if that is a hat, wig or real hair (for both pictures of both men).

So here is the rest of the story. This guy sees me commenting on mutual friends' pictures and even makes the comment back to me "yeah, we missed you, Lisa." Huh? Do you even remember me, Fat Bastard? It gets better. He sends a friend request to me. What? He surely doesn't remember me if he thinks we are friends? I waited for about a week and thought about it. I didn't really want to be his friend even though comments indicate he may be a changed man. I decide I am curious and don't want to be the person that holds a grudge over something that happened so long ago and accept. His profile wasn't interesting at all. No personal pictures or information so really - what is the point.

It gets even BETTER!

Today I realized (I don't even know how) that he has Un-friended me! What the...

So I ask you, what is that all about? Did he take a look at my stuff and un-friend me? Did he remember me and get the heck out of Dodge? I hope so.

Thoughts?

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Hilarious! The many downsides of Facebook...I hate when someone sends me a friend request and I don't want to add them. It makes you have serious Facebook guilt. But maybe this werido thought you were someone else?!? Looks to me like you were certainly the better person, and now you are better off. :)

Emily said...

Ok, I am all about high school vengeance. I think you should just pretend that the friend request thing didn't happen and comment on one of the photos making an Austin Powers reference. Woah, that's mean. But you know, some people have it comin'...

Angela said...

He sounds creepy. It's probably a good thing he "unfriended" you.

MJacobson said...

I think he saw your profile and saw what a hot 30-something you have turned into, realized you are way out of his league, and unfriended you before you could see his profile and see how un-cool he turned out to be (not to mention fat bastard looking).

Lisa said...

Eeewww! He looks totally creepy now and OMG just like the pic from Austin Powers! I wouldn't sweat it.I've found that MANY of the people I went to High School with aren't worth a whole lof of energy these days!

Amy Jo said...

That picture is really funny with the big line of fat people (at your class reunion?) Maybe I shouldn't be talking like that; I'm pretty large myself these days, but for a very. good. reason.

Facebook is so strange. I've been declining "friends" left and right lately. My piano teacher from when I was 6? nope. The administrator from my high school? nope. Her husband? double nope. I've thought about Un-friending a lot of people too. A LOT OF PEOPLE, but ussually just hide them so I don't have to read daily workout reports and children's sleeping schedules. Because my life is sweeter without those little tidbits. Wow...I'm really -ichy about this topic this morning.

I've missed you, my dear bloggy friend. I know you've got a bunch of horror stories after a summer home with all the kids. Start spilling em!

Twisted Cinderella said...

I was wondering if he thought you were someone else too.

Morris five said...

Lisa, you are my hero. I love that you went to the effort to create this post. May we all be so creative. You're the bomb. He doesn't deserve you as even a cyber friend.