Thursday, June 11, 2009

Confession of a Gym Rat

I am going to try really hard to get up at 4:45AM and get a treadmill at the gym for the 5:30AM class. Ugh. Yeah, it is about as awful as you are imagining.

I have not been to the gym in exactly 2 weeks. 2 weeks! I've never gone that long except for my pregnancy breaks. And I have to say that it has been

FABULOUS!

Sleeping as late as possible has been heavenly. Unfortunately, I feel about as bad when I get up as I do at 5AM. I am catching up on my late TV again which is a plus (I think).

Don't think for a minute that I have been dieting. I went to the Dr. yesterday and know that I have gained 4 lbs but I do blame that on the vacation and my diet of 3 hamburgers a day.

[ no picture because the only think appropriate would be a picture of me at the gym at 5:30 AM and it is U-G-L-Y -- I was going to take a picture of the Smuckers Hot Fudge Jar that I licked clean but I threw it away before I could charge my camera battery]

UPDATE: I went and now I can't walk.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Good grief, girl! You *are* a gym rat! Can you buy a treadmill to put in that big, beautiful house of yours so that you could get a bit more rest in the mornings?!? I definitley am in awe of your dedication! Maybe you can be a positive influence on me! Let me count how many times I have been to the gym to work out in the past year...ummm....hmmmm.....oh, sorry, are you still waiting for an answer?!? :)