Monday, September 1, 2008

30 day count down to a one year old

11 months old today. Wow. She won't be a baby much longer. She is turning into a toddler in front of our very eyes.

Bye-bye is her first official word. She can also say ma-ma, da-da, Uh-uh (uh-oh) when she drops things and my new favorite, duck. I like the way she sticks her tongue way out to say it. She also does a very cute version of "tickle, tickle, tickle" and scratches my arm at the same time.

As we celebrated Labor Day at Grammy's house we asked her to say my Aunt's name (Becca) and she repeated it clear as day. We laughed and laughed and laughed because we are so easily amused. Everyone also laughed and laughed when I told my facts about an obese woman eating a whole loaf of french bread with 2 sticks of butter for breakfast. It wasn't funny at all and yet my mother and aunt couldn't control themselves. I guess you had to be there. We often talk about very random things at our gatherings.

Baby Girl has been pulling up and standing for a little bit and just this week has started cruising a lot. Just like the boys as babies, she is magnetically drawn to the fireplace and the shelf of cookbooks. Someone out there is laughing that I have cookbooks...stop it.

She is on the verge of really smacking her brothers when they annoy her. It is mostly my Little Guy that can get in her personal space and last week she went after him and bit his heel with all 3 of her teeth (btw she got #4 today which means the Big Guy's 4th tooth will fall out any minute).

Her favorite play spot is under our kitchen table and don't even think about putting her in a pack-n-play or exersaucer. She can be a loud one. She seems to have a good sense of humor because when I imitate her frantic whining for her beloved banana, she laughs really hard. She also laughs at me when I try to teach her the sign for "more". I think she is just laughing at me come to think of it. That can't be good.

Happy 11 months, Baby Girl!

4 comments:

Mary Craig said...

How Sweet! 11 months is such a fun age.

Kristin said...

So sweet! She really does look as if she has a great sense of humor. I'm sure she gets that from her mama! :)

mrs boo radley said...

Pretty girl!
That is a great shot of her.

Kristi said...

What an amazing picture!! Happy 11 Months!