Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Baby Magnum

If you loved Magnum PI's hairy chest you will love this baby. I should have titled this crazy-camera-lens.

Am I dating myself with a Magnum reference? My Husband and I saw a man at a concert recently wearing short shorts like Tom Selleck wore. It was a great source of amusement for us both. I think he wanted to show off his awesome legs that weren't so awesome.

Today I waited in the drive-thru of Starbucks for a latte a lot longer than I have had to wait in line for gasoline this week. That is saying a lot. (I mean a latte.) I paid a lot more for it than the gas too. Gotta do my part to keep up the Economy.

I'm getting ready to get ready for my in-laws to come. I'm not quite there yet. I do feel the stress, though. What to feed them? That is the million dollar question of the day. I have PMS (again) so it may not be a nice weekend. Last night I got a lot madder than I should have about a clean pair of baseball socks being in the dirty clothes basket. I told everyone in the house how unhappy I was about it (except for Baby Girl because she was asleep). I went on and on and talked under my breath and huffed and...you get the picture. I'm pretty sure my 6 year old said something like "I love you more than you can imagine" and I responded "well don't put clean socks in the hamper!" I think something was said about me being disrespected as well.

I really do have a lot of laundry. It can get to a girl.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh from beginning to end...I tend to do the same thing while in the throes of PMS..and I just can't seem to let "it" go...whatever "it" may be at that time. And I grew up with Magnun PI posters plastered in my room...he was a cutie...but the short shorts had their time :D

4under3 said...

Here is another laugh out loud post. I tried to keep it down though. My husband is in the next room napping on his lunch break. I mean, it IS his birthday, and the owner of his company IS his dad. I guess it's ok that way.

Anways, you cracked me up. As always.

Kristin said...

OMG! That baby pic is just too much.

My in-laws are coming this weekend, too. I am having a big surprise bash for my hubby (shhh...don't tell!). I am stressed and sick to top it off!

You are younger than I am, so you're definitely not dating yourself with me. My mom used to brag that my dad looked like Tom Sellek. She's probably not bragging about that anymore, though, since he divorced her. She is now married to someone who kinda looks like Gomer Pyle (okay...now I am dating MYself!). I will be totally impressed if you have any idea who that is. ;)

P.S. And I agree, Dan totally deserved to win! He was my favorite from the beginning with all of his antics and pep talks. Plus, you know I have to root for the teacher!

Jessica said...

I looked at that picture before reading what you wrote thinking, "does that baby have a harry chest?!?" and then laughed when you confirmed what I was thinking. Too funny.
And I think every woman in the world can relate to the PMS freak out. We dont have any kids yet, so my husband gets the brunt of my freak outs, poor guy.

Mary Craig said...

You are hilarious.

Ah, Magnum shorts. My sister had a Magnum figure that came in a little red ferrari. We would make him date our Glamour Gals.

Mary Craig said...

PS-I did the meme! :)

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

My third son was crazy hairy when he was born. We thought it was because he was a bit premature. Not so. He still has this crazy hairy spot on the back of his neck and down his back that has been there since birth. And he's three. We are mystified.

L a u r a said...

I love reading about all the things you do that I'm too afraid to admit I do myself. You are hilarious...and make me feel like a normal person after I have a PMS spell! Thanks for your support!

Of course I remember Magnum PI. In fact, check out a recent post in Angela's blog (All6HappilyEverAfter). Her dad has always reminded me of Tom Selleck!

To Kristin--I also know Gomer Pyle...and probably many others I'm too old to even remember without further reminders from young people like you!