Sunday, November 30, 2008

Seven




Today marks Seven years of having the Big Guy in our lives. We went to church with some of our family, had lunch out and came back to our messy home for cake and gifts. We played all afternoon and went to Chuck E. Cheese with friends for dinner. During the Children's Moment at church (the children go up front with the Associate Pastor), the Big Guy's hand went up in the air the moment she mentioned Baby Jesus' birthday coming. We all knew what he wanted to tell her. She didn't call on him and didn't call on him. One of our friends leaned back and said to me "Does the Big Guy want to tell his testimony?" I said "no, he wants to tell her it is his birthday today." Our friend said "I know, he told me in the hallway." He finally was called on at the end and got to say today was his "Real Birthday" as in we are not just celebrating it - it is the real thing.

I can't believe it has been seven years already. He really is a Big Guy now.

6 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

I always liked age 7.

And 10.

And I liked 13, too.

Happy Birthday to your eldest!

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa, those pics of him are just so incredibly handsome. He looks so grown up in his preppy outfit complete with the cardigan sweater. I can't even imagine *seven* yet. It does seem so much less like a little kid! I hope you are taking it okay; I am always blubbering at my boys' birthdays. He really reminds me of you, BTW! :)

Mara said...

Yes seven IS big, isn't it?
Happy Birthday Big Guy!

Mary Craig said...

He looks so handsome in those pictures! Happy birthday to the Big Guy!

Lorie said...

My boy turned 7 this year too! They grow up way too fast!!!

It sounds like he had a great birthday!

L a u r a said...

Great pictures of your handsome lad! I love the progression of the four cake pictures!

Maybe he's old enough now to learn how to start repairing the walls! ;)

Happy birthday to the Big Guy!