Thursday, November 6, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame


We had a great Little League season. The Big Guy's team was undefeated. The Little Guy played for the first time and it was beyond humorous. If you haven't watched a team of 4-year olds play any sport, I highly recommend it (unless you are my in-laws and get upset about the score not being kept correctly).

As great as it all was, I am glad it is over so we have some downtime on the weekends. Two ballgames every Saturday takes up the whole day (and also creates a lot of extra laundry). By downtime I pretty much mean this weekend only. The next weekends are filled with Thanksgiving, Christmas and Birthday events. Full Steam Ahead! Tomorrow we will travel with the whole family - Grammy and Auntie included - 2 hours away for tailgating and College Football. I am charging my IPOD now so when I wedge myself in the very back of the minivan I don't have to listen to whatever kid video will be displayed.

Stay tuned for Basketball (next). They sell Chick-fil-a chicken biscuits at those morning games. I am already looking forward to it. I am hungry.

2 comments:

MJacobson said...

Yum, will basketball be at Big Guy's school? If so, maybe we can come watch.

Kristin said...

That is one precious picture, Lisa! It's frame-worthy! I love that the little guy played; we hoped we could get our older one to play this year, but our schedule just didn't work. What does Baby Girl do during all those practices and games? My younger one is not very content in open areas with kids playing unless he can participate. And I apparently pay other people money so I can chase after him the whole time (we tried karate this past summer). Not really an equal trade if you ask me.