Wednesday, December 24, 2008

ANGEL


One of my little angels.

This was before his school Christmas performance. It is in his classroom and now that I can see his teacher's humongous computer monitor in the background, I am feeling bad that I didn't give more to their annual fund. That woman needs a laptop!

Cute little costumes and lots of them. Guess which Mom did not help with them? That would be me. They start talking about cutting fabric and anything close to sewing and I break out in a cold sweat. I contribute by being the Prayer Mom. I pray lots and lots for dead cats and fish, run-away animals and anything else that troubles a 7 year old's little mind. It can be difficult to pray about the same things over and over in a meaningful way. It has been a different walk I have been able to take with God praying with these children so often. It will probably end up benefiting me more than them.

Christmas has touched me in a new way again this year. I came across an old friend on Facebook that is an Atheist and seems to openly hate Christianity. My world seems to be mostly church friends and others a lot like me. I don't encounter people like this too often that hate what I stand for so much that you can feel it. There was nothing I could say to change his mind at this point in time so I hope that I was able to show kindness and love so that a seed could be planted and someday he will feel differently. I am so thankful for what I know and how God is the one in control of my life. I am so thankful that he would come down in the form of a baby to save me. I can see the contrast in my life and my friends by not the lack of messiness but by the hope and love I feel and can accept. As I typed this he just sent me a "holiday wish" message hoping I get everything I want... I will reply "Merry Christmas!" and hope that I don't make him mad again tonight. Say a little prayer for him...

I just meant to write a little post and show you how big the computer monitor was. Sorry for too much sap that might have come your way. After the last paragraph we went to our Christmas Eve Family service at church. My Big Guy said it best when he said "it wasn't my favorite, but it was okay." I'm so glad he can occasionally have tact (unlike later when he opened a gift from me and said "that isn't too exciting").

I am feeling exhausted and have some hours of work ahead of me baking and preparing for tomorrow. I am a bit too cranky I guess because my husband asked if I would be snapping at him all evening. I told him I hoped not but he shouldn't ask so many silly questions.

It is now time for some chocolate almond ice cream and to find the channel with the marathon of A Christmas Story. It just isn't Christmas Eve without the kid's tongue stuck to the pole.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You are just too funny. BTW...I am writing to you on a HUMUNGOUS computer, so feel free to donate to the Kristin Family Fund, too. :)

That is really cute that you are the prayer mom. I have never heard of that before.

Neat story about Facebook Friend. I am sure you will be a good influence if nothing else and maybe get him thinking that God is the main one responsible for making you so very witty.

Love the Christmas Story marathons on TBS. We just leave it on one of the TVs all day so we can eventually walk in and see: "I can't put my arms down!"