Friday, December 19, 2008

My fifth award ever


Thank you Laura for giving me the Butterfly award. You can check out her Blog, Four Little Monkeys and wonder how she does it all. I wish she lived next door to me. Even though I would feel bad about myself for being such a slacker, she would always say the right funny thing to make it better. She has great ideas AND has been down the stairs in a sleeping bag courtesy of her big brothers (If I am remembering that correctly). I've got my eye on Baby Girl because of that. My boys run with her and fall down on top of her now. I know they would love to roll her down the stairs given the chance.

I haven't won very many things in my life and this has made me try to remember my accomplishments. First there was the Tug of War contest at the Jr. Olympics when I was 10. It is the only trophy I have ever received for anything. I didn't grow up like my kids where you get a trophy for being on the team. I don't know if I really earned the 2nd place Tug of War trophy and I am glad that hefty girl was on the end. Next, there was the New Edition album I won in 8th grade when I was the 9th caller to the Radio Station. Cool. That is the sort of thing I did when I was 13 and it obviously paid off for me one day. I can also remember calling in to get on to the DJ for cutting off the end of my favorite WHAM! song (I digress). And thirdly, there is the Big yellow M&M I can't seem to get out of my house. I don't know if technically I am that winner because The Little Guy won him, but I signed him up. You be the judge. Anyway, here he is:And lastly, this past summer I won the slim-down team challenge. It was the best kind of award - cash.

Now, on to the rules to this chain-award and my honorees:

1. Link to the person who gave you the award.
2. Post the graphic.
3. Pass the award on up to ten other bloggers whose blogs you consider cool.

Apparently, Laura and I read a lot of the same blogs. Hmmm. Here are some she didn't list:

Bonnie's House of Fun: I'm so glad I get to list her especially since she recently informed me that her blog is NOT private like I thought. I was hiding her away because I didn't know she was taking visitors. I love the way Bonnie writes - it is so 'her'. Oh, and I guess you can't mention Bonnie without saying she has Quads (that's right - four at the same time) and another new baby born this year. I actually know her from college when she wasn't a Mommy of five.

Mara: She is private so you will just have to imagine how marvelously wonderful her blog is. I can still award her, though!

flssgirl at Life As We know It: I like her topics and the radominity of it all. I totally made up that word. How do you like it? She has good dental tips (hence her name).

Big Nanny
: That girl is just funny. She has a daughter that started college so if you are crying about your kid starting Kindergarten or graduating from preschool, she will not have sympathy for you. Nor should she.

Enjoy your butterflies!


3 comments:

L a u r a said...

You always make me laugh. You're SO deserving of the butterfly award.

I hope your boys never even hear the idea about throwing their littler sister down the stairs in a sleeping bag. It wasn't fun. From reading the post about your son's Christmas performance, he's creative enough to come up with his own ideas!

I'm with you on the overabundant awarding of trophies these days. My daughter got so tired of dusting her soccer trophies (from EVERY season...along with a medal from EVERY season) that she packed them away in a box and stuck them in our back room. It took me a couple of grueling seasons of running, moaning, barfing, and racing to finally earn a medal in track. Geez! Any other awards up 'til high school were ribbons or printed on pieces of paper...or patches your gym teacher handed out. My kids are like, "You only have ONE medal?"

Yeah. Less dusting for me!

BTW--Is there a proper way to recycle cheap trophies?

Big Nanny said...

Thanks for the blog award! I'm so behind on my blog reading that I just now saw it today. Christmas has had me super busy but I hope to be back on the blog soon;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lisa....have been so sick since Sunday I forgot about this I will go to it when I get back to blogger ville....I have loved catching up on yours!