Saturday, October 18, 2008

Yearbook Glam


Yearbookyourself.com
is a fun way to waste some of your valuable time. It doesn't take too long and wouldn't you love to see yourself in a groovy new hair-do?

I don't think I was able to obtain this awesome "do" in 1988. I would have been Prom Queen if I had. Or, a Bon Jovi groupie. Either would have been better than a Cracker Barrel waitress.



When I was a little girl (in the 70s) I always envisioned myself looking like this as a grown up (minus the double chin thing and the Sarah Palin bangs that are peeking out from my original picture):
I always thought long Crystal Gayle hair was the ideal. Unfortunately my hair turned curly when I was 12 and they didn't invent those super-duper flat irons until MUCH later.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oy my goodness...Crystal Gayle!!!! {Cue music} "You've been talkin' in your sleep..." -- that was her, right? I loved that song and her floor-length locks. How in the world did she maintain that mongo hair, anyway?!? Most of my babysitters in the 70s had that long, straight parted-in-the-middle hair, too.

BTW, the first pic of you is not only extremely funny, but it looks sadly close to my own late 80s / early 90s 'do. Where is YOUR real HS pic? If you post yours, I'll post mine... (Yes, that is a dare...)

Morris five said...

Lisa, I almost peed in my pants! That is hilarious. I am going to try it out.