Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dinner Conversation

Mom & Dad to the Big Guy: Life is going to change soon. You will not be able to leave any little Lego pieces out on the floor. You are going to have to be better about picking up your toys.

Big Guy: Why is life going to change?

Mom: Baby Girl will be crawling and will be able to find your little toys on the floor. We are going to have to be strict about keeping the Star Wars pieces put away as well as the marbles. She will try to eat a marble.

Dad: And we will have to put another gate at the bottom of the stairs to keep her from climbing up.

Big Guy: Can you tell me the code to unlock the gate so I can go upstairs? I promise I will not tell her what it is.

Baby Girl is rolling to and fro. She is in a different position or different place every time I check on her. She can lunge forward from the sitting position to get things although not pushing up to crawl yet.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh...I remember these days. They actually haven't stopped yet! How old until they quit putting things in their mouths??? 17? 18?

BTW...you trendy people must have some new-fangled type gates. In these parts, we don't have codes. In Delaware, most folks just nail up some chicken wire and cross their fingers.

Kristin said...

Another BTW...did you see your google ad!?!? It had me in stitches!

Anonymous said...

Life IS about to change, isn't it!? Those boys aren't going to know what hit them!

Stacy said...

aww...how adorable!

Angela said...

Oh, do I SOOOOO identify with this post. Except- I have been dealing with this now (with my youngest) for the past year. It is SO hard keeping her away from little things! My older 2 are constantly saying, "choking hazard!!" - I taught them that early on, and they are pretty good about it. Except my 3 year old who still leaves his "choking hazards" all over the place!

Kristi said...

Oh yes...that stage when the baby is moving! It does change life!! :-)

Looks like Baby has some great older brothers to be on the "look-out" for choking hazards!!